Some days I just need a smack in the face. That’s what this list is. I found this over the weekend and cried because I know I am not as humble as God wants me to be. I believe that He puts
things like this in my life (even on a blog!) to remind me of what’s important. To shake me awake from my routines, to dump a cold bucket of water over me spiritually. Maybe Mother Teresa’s words can be your wake up call this morning too.
I’ve blogged a little bit about humility before, but I’m no expert and have a lot of work to do on myself.
I found this list via Pinterest on Truth & Charity – The post “The Humble Pie Challenge” is based on Mother Teresa’s words. Head on over there for some amazing reflections on this list and how each part applies to the married vocation. Mother Teresa was incredibly humble and loving, and her entire life is an awesome role model for all Christians today.
Mother Teresa’s Humility List
1. Speak as little as possible about yourself.
2. Keep busy with your own affairs and not those of others.
3. Avoid curiosity.
4. Do not interfere in the affairs of others.
5. Accept small irritations with good humor.
6. Do not dwell on the faults of others.
7. Accept censures even if unmerited.
8. Give in to the will of others.
9. Accept insults and injuries.
10. Accept contempt, being forgotten and disregarded.
11. Be courteous and delicate even when provoked by someone.
12. Do not seek to be admired and loved.
13. Do not protect yourself behind your own dignity.
14. Give in, in discussions, even when you are right.
15. Choose always the more difficult task.
I wish all of you peace on this Monday morning, and Happy Birthday to my little Peach!