Happy Thanksgiving! I think it’s so great that our country dedicates an entire day to celebrating the act of being thankful. It’s an act of the heart, and it’s not always easy to see how grateful we should be for the things we have, the people in our lives, and the blessings that have been bestowed on us.
We are thankful. But who are you thanking?
I thank God, today and every day. Without Him, I’d be nothing. Without Him, my life wouldn’t have meaning.
With Him, all things are possible, and there’s always light at the end of the tunnel. Especially when I’m going through hard times, I rely on God to pick me up and bring me out of the darkness. I’m sure I’ll share some of those stories on here someday, but today is about being thankful.
So here is the short list of things I thank God for tonight:
- Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Without this ultimate act of love, we’d never even have a chance to experience eternal life with God.
- My honey. He’s my knight in shining armor and my favorite person to laugh with. Being his wife has changed me for the better, and the life we share together is more amazing than I ever could have imagined. He is stunning. In all possible ways.
- That the sweetest kids I’ve ever known call me “Mom.” Who knew these little people could teach me such big lessons in life?
- My parents and siblings. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without them.
- Our little house, our vehicles, my husband’s job, and the rest of our material things. I have days when I just really want more and more things, but we’ve got all we need and more, and I’m thankful.
- The health of myself and my family. A lot of people don’t have the blessing of good health, and I don’t want to take it for granted.
- Retreats like Teens Encounter Christ and Cursillo. The communities of people that put these on make such a difference in bringing people to Christ and helping them to understand their faith. God has done wonderful things in my life through these movements.
- Laughter and a sense of humor. Because who wants to be serious all the time?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!