A couple weekends ago, my honey and I participated in the QND Music Trivia Night to benefit our local Catholic high school. My honey is so great at identifying songs and bands, and I knew he’d be a real asset to our team. I, on the other hand, can know every single word to a song, but I won’t know who sings it or event the name of it.
So when we were answering questions at the trivia night, my honey and the others at our table answered all the questions–except one. I knew the answer to exactly ONE question. And it’s because I was dancer growing up. I recognized “Waltz of the Flowers” by Tchaikovsky because I was in the Nutcracker ballet at least five times.
But I do know about other music and other bands, so here is a list of bands I WISH they’d have asked about at Music Trivia Night:
1. Abba – my kids and I love the movie Mamma Mia! and watch it fairly regularly. I’d have known Abba from a mile away. Plus I love them.
Don’t act like you don’t love it.
2. Matchbox 20 – Their album Yourself or Someone Like You was the first CD I ever bought. I think I know almost every word to every song. And I still love it.
“Hang” was my favorite. Still good music.
3. Sublime – I have never smoked any type of illegal drugs, but Sublime is also one of my all time favorites. Their self-titled album was one of the few CDs I listened to over and over and over in high school.
This version is edited so there are no “bad words.” Your welcome, Mom.
4. Green Day – My brother introduced me to Green Day, and it was another one of those bands that I listened to over and over.
I don’t care for their new stuff, but Dookie was a winner.
5. Lyrics from Disney princess songs – I know pretty much all of these. I could sing this Little Mermaid one in my sleep.
“Lookin’ around here you’d think, ‘Sure, she’s got everything!'”
Although I only knew one answer at Music Trivia Night, I just like what I like. Now I’m going to get back to watching Mamma Mia! with my two-year-old. 🙂