I’m starting a new series today called Make-A-List Monday. On Mondays, I usually try to make to-do lists of things to get done throughout the week, but these will just be random lists of things that come into my head.
Today I made a list of realizations I’ve had since becoming a mother.
- I have a real fear of swimming pools, the strings used to pull up mini-blinds, and bumpers on cribs.
- When I order food at a restaurant, I always think about what I can eat one-handed.
- My threshold to handle anything gross has gone up 100%
- My capacity to love has gone up 300% (for my three manaics!)
- I (lovingly) call my children maniacs because they have so much energy and are easily amused. We are constantly laughing.
- The sweetest things in life are open mouth baby kisses, handfuls of dandelions, and home made art projects, made by loving little hands.
- Toys that make noises are an effective way to torture parents.
- Name brand clothes really do hold up longer.
- I’m so grateful for shopping carts shaped like race cars.
- I love my mini-van.
- I would much rather shop at Carter’s or Gymboree than Hollister or Express.
- I am a more confident person in all aspects of life, and I’m getting better at decision-making. I have to. I’m the mommy.
- God is in control, and “my” kids are just borrowed from Him. He loves them even more than I do. How amazing is that?
This list could go on and on. What have you realized about yourself since you became a parent?