On my other, extremely neglected blog, I attempted to keep track of funny or insightful things my kids said because they are constantly coming up with new gems. However, I often hear them say something, laugh about it and tell their dad, then forget about it. Today is redemption for my other blog, Out of the Mouths of Maniacs.
Here are some glimpses from that website as well as some new stuff the maniacs have been telling me lately.
1. After we returned home from vacation – TT: Mom, I just want you to be home for one day then go on vacation again.
2. Dad: What do you want to be when you grow up, buddy?
TT (age 4): What do I want to be when I grow up? Hmmmm…. A husband!
3. Peach, our two and a half year old, has several nicknames for her little sister, and we don’t know where any of them came from. They are: Cakes, Quakes, and Little You-ee-high.
4. Lately, our baby, who is now 15 months old, has been saying, “Hi Peach!” and “Hi Sase!” (talking to her brother).
5. TT (age 4): Mom, you know how I can fly like Superman?
TT: I can get a cape on my back and a stick on my crotch and fly away!
Me: A stick on your WHAT?
TT: On my crotch. You know, like Harry Potter.
6. Peach (age 2, after painting her toenails hot pink): Mom, can I take my pink toes to bed with me?
7. Then there’s this conversation between a plastic goat and a plastic horse (via my two-year-old):
Goat: I love you.
Horse: Well, I love you too. Let’s run away from the hyheenas!
8. TT: That grape was disgusting. It tasted like yard.
Me: How do you know what “yard” tastes like?
9. As I’m wiping my four-year-old’s butt – TT: Mommy, I think you are just gorgeous!
10. Peach: I can do whatever I want!
TT: (in a very calm tone) No, you cannot do whatever you want. You are a child.
Which is your favorite? What are some awesome things your kids have said lately (or ever)?