One month ago, I posted on this blog about my New Year’s resolutions. So how am I doing? Let’s see…
- Pray more. I feel like I’ve been doing pretty good with this one. I am remembering to pray more often and pray for people I said I’d pray for. I still need to get on it if I’m going to start a daily bible reading or devotional. Still work to do.
- Go on dates. My husband and I have been on two official dates since the new year began, probably a record for us. We went out with his cousin and his girlfriend one night, and just last weekend we did a music trivia night with our friends. So I guess we had group dates, not just the two of us. Work on this.
- Be healthy. This resolution is actually going pretty well. I have been going to the gym at least three times a week and I’ve just trying to be moving overall a lot more. Salads and oatmeal are my new best friends, but I still do get to have Buffalo Wild Wings every once in awhile. Plus I’ve lost six pounds since January began. Yay!
- No more CHAOS (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome). This will forever be a work-in-progress, but good news! We had my parents over for dinner at the last minute this week, and the house was just fine. Yay, again!
- Be bold and enterprising. Okay, so I haven’t switched over to wordpress.org yet, but I’m still hoping to do that soon enough. I have listed a few things on ebay and started selling things on craigslist, so that’s a start. I still need to quit making excuses and just go for things.
- Simplify. I have a good handle on this, but I’m nowhere near where I want to be. I have gotten better about donating or just throwing things away that really are junk. Still working on this one too.
- Keep learning. Yeah, I have till the end of the year to get these done right? I’ve done nothing in this category yet.
- More quality time with the kids. We have watched significantly less TV since the new year began, especially because our big TV quit working. The kids and I have been making forts, reading, and just playing a lot more. I’m really trying to soak up all these moments while I still have them here at home with me.
So it looks like I’ve got a lot of work to do in the next 11 months. I’ve never been real good at sticking with resolutions, but if I post them on here, I feel like I have a little accountability at least! Hope you are all doing well with your resolutions too!